Sunday, January 16, 2011

What IF


I wish I could go back to the day I met you and walk away

What would have been had we never met that day

I never caught your eye and you never caught mine

Would my life be sublime?

What if we could turn the hands of time?

And plan to avert

To avoid the pain and hurt

If people could really start again

Would we even have relationship

Would we even be friends

If I could make things afresh and anew

I would have nothing to do with you

Live today

For tomorrow is gone

The past is stagnant

The future is unknown

Today is moldable

Over yesterday and Tomorrow you have No power

Only today.

Second by Second

Minute by Minute

Hour by Hour

Now is only relevant

Past and Future you cannot dwell in

So

All you can do is

Live today

Why do we often plague ourselves with the question "What IF" We can do nothing to change the past, but many times it is the focal point or determining factor in our decision making. Yes, we should learn from past mistakes, but dwell on them, no. Of course things did happen, we had experiences that truly impacted us and even made us into the people we are today. I've decided to change my mindset. I dont want to wonder what if anymore. I think I will try to live life with the "What's next" philosophy. Live for today and not what happened yesterday. The past does not define today and with that goodnight BSPOt

TOODLES LOVE Muffins!

No comments:

Post a Comment