Friday, January 14, 2011

Chef MIMI

Im really starting to get into cooking again. I used to be against it because I thought of it as taunting myself. I didnt like the tease of waiting for the food to be ready. I just wanted to eat. Im over that nonsense now, instead I like the whole process of seeing the food coming together. I like seasoning and trying different things. Ive started baking and its waaaayy more fun to make things from scratch. Tonight I was supposed to make buttermilk fried chicken (its seasoned and sitting in the fridge), candy yams, macaroni pie (macaroni and cheese), and green beans. I got distracted my setting up my room. I guess it all works out because Ill just make it tomorrow and eat it for sat and sun dinner. Later on this week I am gonna make curry chicken, I may try my hand at doubles and see how that goes. I have to get a recipe. I also want to make sorrel or mauby this week. YUMSTER. hopefully I have time. I have plenty of food in my kitchen to try new stuff. I am really excited. I have sum dishes under my belt, but by the time 2012 comes, I should be able to make a whole cookbook, with the recipes I have in my head!

Tentative cooking plans:
I wanna make

orange chicken
garlic and ginger fried chicken wings
gumbo
sharberry shorcake
apple pie/apple crisp
callaloo
pelau
potato salad
other ways to make cornish hen
other salmon recipes
other fish recipes
florentine steak
pepper steak
peach cobbler
yeast rolls
arroz con pollo
lobster (stuffed too)
a variety of cakes and cookies
and a whole list of cultural foods from different countries
The list goes on!
Im really really excited

Not only is cooking going to be big for me in 2011, but I also plan on drawing and painting more. Additionally I want to sew.

I am really trying to organize my apt now, so I can just straighten up and not have to clean extensively. I can spend my time doing other things. Including my work for school, which I want to start doing more in advance as well.

Life. I am getting there!

Ta Ta Bspot

2 comments:

  1. chef hit me up when we doin the orange chicken and the cultural foods.. and all the other stuff too. but mostly those two.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you come to visit me we can have a cooking extravaganza.

    ReplyDelete