Thursday, April 28, 2011

Remembering winter by ME circa 2006

Here is my teardrop
A frozen memory in our inevitable winter
It melts,
melts when it remembers our spring
I remember its progression
first sporadically driziling, cascading faintly on my cheek
escalating as calendar pages flip
to rainstorms
a season of rainfall at its peak
I tried to find cover
but there was none
I was soaked and blinded in the storm
I could not see that the end that was before me

Close ones passed tissues
warning to dry my eyes and see the light
but there stood Eye, jackass in the rain
a fool, letting teardrops pound on my sight

Changes in the weather
stood to long and got cold
I remember the change to snow
Glad I finally let you go

Spring time comes again
For me at least....

Hahaha throwback pics from 2006



1 comment:

  1. Hey! I came across your blog as I was looking around. You should check mine out. Comment on it, let me know what you think. Spread the word :) and don't forget to like it on facebook<3

    ReplyDelete