Monday, April 25, 2011

Love or insanity

I was talking to a friend and that made me think. I feel like everybody just waiting to get fucked over. Females esp. We have all seen friends, mothers, cousins, aunts, grandmas and whoever get messed over, tricked or some other foul happening. I think we expect it. It's really messed up that this expectation, in an underlying way, creeps into our thinking. It effects how we interact with our significant others. We always feel like we have to make up a back up plan. I feel like we arm our selves up for war even when there is no battle in sight. We are taught to be skeptical of people. Of men, particularly. We have to be sometimes, because this world is crazy. Where is the limit though? I often wonder if women are doing a self-fufilling prophecy, pushing our men away by not believing that they will do right. Additionally, I feel like we also try play the real laid back role, where we try not to care so much and that still ends up being a mess. Where is the happy MEDIUM!! Whats that song...Everybody plays the fool...sometimes... no exception to the rule. I think thats how it goes, and its true we all have to play the fool role in relationship sometimes. Hopefully not too many times.
My grandmother, or some older person told me that love is the best times and the worst of times. I just pray that in my love situation (s) or what have you, the best of times outweigh the worst of times.

1 comment:

  1. true!
    i was bout to just leave it at that but ive never thought about it in great detail as such.. thats crazy deep, that the norm of society it a sit up to fail or be hurt significantly during the course of a "love" relationship or relationship (meaning friendship) for that matter. WOW

    ReplyDelete