Sunday, March 13, 2011

Assumptions get you killed

Assumptions get you killed. But Ms. we assume things everyday. I know I know. I wasn't saying you literally get killed. It was more metaphorically, if anything. Although it is very well possible to get killed from making assumptions. Stupid. Stupid. Anyway, I am talking about when you assume things about another individual. We assume that the people we love will be alive tomorrow. We assume that the people we count on will always be there. We assume people will never do things they do. Maybe its that we hope, and without the hope/ assumption we couldn't exist I guess. Well back to my point (tangents!!), I feel like when one assumes something about someone and when that assumption is not met or fulfilled, something in you dies. Especially, when those assumptions are based in logic. You are my parent, so I assume you should be there. You are my lover, significant other..I assume that you will care for me and avoid hurting me. Why is it that very often these assumptions are not realized? Is the world that sick and twisted of a place? Is it better to just isolate yourself? Are these Un-met assumptions unavoidable. I think so, but that is life. So what to do next? You recognize that the assumption of another is not always what is real and then you move on with your life. You recognize that every relationship is not a dream come true and you learn from it. You don't operate victimized, rather you leave empowered. Otherwise, you are then burdened with miseries that will plague you for life.

This was a great psycho-babble. In layman's terms it kinda goes like this. You assume people are what you dream them to be, or even what they seem to be. They are not, more often then not they disappoint you. You are hurt. You are sad. You feel murdered. You feel betrayed. You feel unloved. You may feel unworthy, insignificant, and unimportant. But it is not the end. You can survive. Assumptions don't define you. They are just a temporary explanation for how someone Should be. Recognize it for that, and don't dwell on the faults of another. Do you. Choose you. Choose to live better than the BS they presented to you. Life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment