Sunday, September 18, 2011

sick love

Sick love

Thought this pit in my stomach

empty feeling

was cause i was hungry

Thought this dizzy and weak

uneasy feeling

was cause i had a headache

I thought this pain in my side, felt like someone took the wind out of my life

was cause someone knocked me over

I thought this zombie like, stuck emotions

stiff thing I got going on

was cause I didn't get enough sleep

but then I remedied those feelings

I ate, drugged up, relaxed, laid down, took a nap

woke up

and realized this is was those r&b songs were talking about

when your heart is heavy and the air is thick

when your constantly thinking and suffering

This is what it is to be love sick

Got the memories on replay

tears gathering at eyes corners

Cant eat

Cant sleep

Vomit, trying to throw you up and and out of my system

wipes face, and stares at the mirror

not really looking in the mirror, for who is me

the picture is convoluted

Look at what the fuck fate did.

forced smiles

shrugs shoulders

no answers

just lost

still wondering

lonely arms

longing lips

feeling like a fool

sitting

staring

counting down

circles round and round

Endless rollercoaster

mania

depression

learned lessons

not

confused faces

brows furrowed

spontaneous half smiles

regular frowns

the are you okay's

you dont look good

thats cause i just dont feel good

The many Leave Me alones

Living just to get by to the next day

Going through the motions as clocks are ticking in the background

feeling every moment, long drawn out

life is passing

fall into slumber to be taken away

dreams and the past seems so pleasant

Forever damaged and never the same

whimpering again

damn Just finished

Hate this feeling

get wasted

immunity it gives

truce comes with the numbness

Then feeling resurfaces

lock me in a mental institution

evidence of my insanity

feel so crazy

BABY...


This is kind of dark for me. I was trying to capture the essence of illness and the feeling that one feels with love lost. Its crazy how emotions can translate into physical pain. I want to expose the poignancy of how love lost causes a gamut of emotional turmoil...It is very obvious is this poem, nothing just suggested... In the same way those feelings and pain are very real.

No comments:

Post a Comment